Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Three-Fold Anecdotal Life

#1. The other day, I was playing Nathan Thomas' guitar in his room. He left to go downstairs, and I was just absently strumming some chords when suddenly I heard a snap. Instantly I knew what happened: I had broken one of the strings. However, that was the least of it. When I looked down to survey the damage I had inflicted, I moved my left hand to get it out of the way. When I moved my hand the string moved with it. At first, I thought that this was merely because the string was resting on my hand. However, I had to do a double take. When I looked closely, I realized that the end of the string was actually embedded in the top knuckle of the index finger on my left hand. This really surprised me, but nonetheless I decided to take action. I grasped the string with my right hand, and ever so gently pulled bit by bit, until a length of guitar string about 1/4" long came out of my hand. It didn't hurt much, but it was definitely a strange feeling. Then I bled a little and Nathan came back and I put the guitar away.

#2. On the night of Sunday, December 13, 2009, I got together a small group of my friends (including two of my sisters) and went to this graveyard to watch what was supposed to be the best Geminid meteor shower since 1996. The only problem was that the sky was extremely overcast, so we ended up just hanging out and eating nachos and drinking cream soda in a cemetery at midnight. However, as it turns out that is what this guy has always dreamed of doing, so I fulfilled his dream in my life. Yay me.

#3. So tonight, I had to go to Publix to pick up 6 packages of Mona's Original Granola for my dad, since we don't have it back in Canada. While I was checking out, the bag boy at the cash register took off a pin on his shirt, threw it to the ground, and told his supervisor that he "wasn't going to wear it anymore." She told him "you're going to pick that up and put it back on right now." He did go and pick it up, but defiantly left it on the counter beside him instead of repinning it to his apron. They didn't say anything else to each other while I was there, but it really just struck me as a very foreign and odd concept for a subordinate to defy their superior like that. Just a random occurrence of my day.

-Tydude

2 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

ouch. that doesn't sound too comfortable

Ali said...

I'm so glad you blogged about #1. Now you can remember the experience forever and ever. What a strange thing to happen!