Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Interesting...

Google Analytics is a wonderful thing. I've been tracking all my blogs with Analytics, and I get to see how often people visit my pages, where the visits come from, and what means people use to find my stuff. The interesting thing is that about a third of my traffic comes from the Canadian town of Whistler. Granted, I really don't have much traffic to speak of, so I'm guessing it's the same person each time. I don't even think I know anyone from Whistler, or why someone from there would be so intent on what I have to share, but I am interested. Dear Whistler friend, if you should so desire, shoot me a line sometime. I believe my email is readily accessible from this page somewhere. Or, you could just hit me up with a comment. Either way, I'd like to know who you are. Whether I already know you or you are a total stranger to me, it's nice to having someone reading the things you write. And with that, I'm gone.

BTW, check out using Analytics for your sites here.

3 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

well i'm not from whistler, but I am trying to get analytics working... how did you get your tracking code working?

Ali said...

I love Analytics, too! It's fun to check if people actually read your stuff. Speaking out which, I think I'll go check right now...

Tyler said...

Johnny, I just copied the code the way they indicated, under the layout tab in HTML, and pasted it after the closing head tag I think.