Monday, June 14, 2010

Lymbyc Systym vs. NASA

I was inspired some time ago by the Apollo documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon." I have since wanted to produce some small tribute to this great masterpiece of a film by using public domain footage made available by NASA. The only problem, however, was that until recently I hadn't found music that I felt could lend credence to the narrative complexities that lie within this subject matter. Enter Lymbyc Systym, one of my new favorite bands. They create masterful works of alternative instrumental art. I knew when I heard the song "Teddy" off their latest album Shutter Release that I had struck gold and simply had to make something Tyler-style out of it. I chose to link the two together because I feel that the thematic overtones support each other well, and that the two pieces work together in a uniquely complementary way. So, without further ado, here is Lymbyc Systym vs. NASA:

2 comments:

Ali said...

Nice job! What a great movie "In the Shadow of the Moon" was!! Now I have to finish "The Right Stuff" so you can read it, and then we can watch the movie together.

Unfiltered said...

Pretty sweet bro! Keep up your masterful utilization of modern media!!